Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Big, Big God

It has been a while since I have posted, mainly because I have been living real life - what God calls each of us to do! This year is a busy one and I will attempt to post when I can, but they may be farther in between. Thank you for reading!

God Made Me
Lately I have been reading a book with my son simply called Nature Reader, by Christian Liberty Press. This book takes all the letters of the alphabet and assigns an animal to each one and teaches about that animal. As I have been reading this Kindergarten level book, I am in awe of God's creation! I am reminded that there is no possibly way that these things could ever have just happened!
We read of the Hippo, the only land mammal whose offspring are born underwater - they even nurse underwater! Did you know that the kangaroo is incapable of walking? Caterpillars have 228 muscles in their head. And what about the elephant? Is there any other creature that has a trunk? And last but not least, look at mankind. Of all the billions of species, from fungi to insects to birds to mammal, we are the only ones with a higher intelligence, with a heart and soul created for God to have a relationship with. I simply don't have enough faith to believe anything other than that my God is awesome and big!


God is Big
Have you ever taken a tiny glimpse into the studies of our universe? Well, it doesn't take long to realize how teeny, tiny and insignificant we are. We are one in our town of _______. We are one in our country of over 300 million. We are one on our continent of over 520 million. And we are one on this planet of almost 7 billion! Feel tiny yet? How about the fact that we are one planet out of 10 that circle our sun forming our solar system. And that our solar system is just one of many in our galaxy, and that there are many, many more galaxies out there in the universe? How about now? Teeny, tiny yet? But our God, he created all of this! He is bigger than all of this!

A Teeny, Tiny Response to such a Big God
What gets me most about all of this is walking into churches on Sunday mornings. I don't know about you, but the worship service that I witness is not anything close to being worthy of such a big God. We are so miniscule and worthless, and yet he sent his only son to die for us, because he loved us and wanted to spend eternity with us. How humbling! I would suggest that our worship services should bring us to our knees, to tears! We should be crying out "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty!" as we will forever be in heaven! We should be taking time out throughout the day to just admire him and praise him for his works! You know all of those things I talked about above? He made them just for us to enjoy. Have you been too busy to enjoy the beauty your Father has given to you? Take time out to be filled with the awe of his beautiful creation and to meditate on his greatness! Giving the proper praise and honor to such a God will fill you and inspire you to do all the other things in life that is placed before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment