Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Grace Poured Down, Grace Overflows

One of the blessings with which God continues to Fill My Cup is grace. It pours down on me daily! It pours down on all of us daily!
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. - 1 Timothy 1:14
Yesterday I had a bad day. Do you have bad days? All of us have them now and again. On these days, focus on the grace that God has supplied to you. It is not by our actions that we are saved. When we mess up, He is there to pick us up, wipe us off, and fill our cup with grace again.
Whenever God fills us with a blessing, it is our job to let that blessing overflow into our lives. We must allow grace to flow to those around us. I was crabby yesterday. If I were married to a "quitter" then my husband probably would have "quit" yesterday. Thank God, I am not! I am married to a Man of Courage! When I came back, apologized, and asked him to watch a movie with me, he showed me grace. He followed through with what was commanded him:
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25
How did Christ love the church? With grace! Grace unlimited! This is how He asks husbands to love their wives. This is what he asks us women to do with all of those beautiful and flawed individuals in our lives! If we were to show perfect grace in all of our relationships, there would be no divorce, no broken homes, no damaged friendships. The only way to survive being the imperfect people that we are, is to live by grace. So, dear sister, be full of grace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment